X5 Questions

  • From: Aquaflaut@xxxxxxx
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:14:37 EST

I purchased a used X-5 with a manual as a second keyboard. I like its sound and
it will be great for small casual gigs where I need a real piano sound . I
played alot back in the 80's and I am used to the old analog synths and doing
all changes and sound mods with buttons and sliders. I am not really interested
in doing much midi stuff or sequencing right now but I need help with some
aspects of the X5 or maybe I need a simpler keyboard for my simple mind. So
here are my questions:

I find the manual very assumptive and not really instructional step by step
based (my old Juno 60 manual was a snap and I did not even know about synths
back then). I would like to be able to "split" the keyboard so I can have
sounds readily available for performance and store them. I keep getting
referred to different pages and they do not help. Is there an undergound manual
that just gets in the mindset of how the system operates so you can manuever
throught the assumptive manual given with the keyboard...I just want to play!
and use a few features like split, layering and modify some sounds.........

Where can I get some cool 80's sounds like those used by the "Cars" Thompson
Twins"  "Thomas Dolby"etc?

Can I do filter sweeps with the X5?

Thanks and bless anyone who can get me into the world of modern synths
especially the X5 so i can jst get around it a little,

Aquaflaut@xxxxxxx