[korgypark] Re: SV: Re: midi control prob

  • From: frya <frya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:41:19 -0600

> Yes, every program in the combi has it's own MIDI channel selector, and it
> has key zone controls. It also has an array of toggles for control filters.
> Now I have the 05R/W module, and in the module the MIDI channel settings
> control the *input* MIDI channel. I usually have two keyboards. One that
> operates on MIDI ch-1 the other on MIDI ch-2. But here I am using the
> module as *receiver*. I don't know how the built in X5 keyboard interacts
> with the main board, but I suppose the keyboard *sends* messages much like
> any run-of-the-mill cheapo 'stupid' MIDI keyboard out there, that is on one
> MIDI channel only at a time. Usually the small cheap external MIDI keyboards
> send on one and only one channel at a time. So that means that you probably
> can't do it from the X5 built in keyboard. Even if you have external
> keyboards that send MIDI into the X5, my guess is that all MIDI, no matter the
>
> internal key zones, is sent directly to the thru port, and are not affected by
> the
> settings of the combi.

My problem is that even when i set the combi program to the midi channel 11 it
isn't controllable by the keyboard in a live situation. Is there any way to
remedy this?  The only way i've been able to use the keyboard to play on channel
11 is by changing the global midi channel.

I have a 'stupid' casio keyboard that i can use as a midi controller but i'm
fairly sure that it will only transmit on channel 1.  Could I use it to control
the X5 and then use the X5 to controll the tone module on channel 11 with the
thru port or something?

> Thanks again,

Andrew