[korgypark] SV: Re: SV: Re: midi control prob

  • From: "Ivens de Carvalho" <dko4342@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:34:51 +0100

>My problem is that even when i set the combi program to the midi channel 11
it
>isn't controllable by the keyboard in a live situation. Is there any way to
>remedy this?  The only way i've been able to use the keyboard to play on
>channel
>11 is by changing the global midi channel.

Yes, but that is not so bad either is it?

>I have a 'stupid' casio keyboard that i can use as a midi controller but
i'm
>fairly sure that it will only transmit on channel 1.  Could I use it to
>control
>the X5 and then use the X5 to controll the tone module on channel 11 with
the
>thru port or something?

Most keyboards can change MIDI send channel. If your Casio can't, the X5
surely can as you described above. So the Casio can send on channel 1 to the
X5 and play some X5 sounds, while the X5 can send on channel 11 (from 'Out'
and not 'Thru') to the module. Not exactly what you are asking for but maybe
enough for your needs?

Cheers

Frank Carvalho