[korgypark] Re: Doh!

  • From: Phil Reed <preed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:58:05 -0500

At 10:40 AM 3/26/2002 -0800, hellforge666@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have experience with synthesizers and water,ghehe. usually they work
>again when their dry again. Just leave it alone for a while, see what happens.

Hair driers work wonders, as long as you don't bake the parts. Try to take
some of the outer plastic off and get warm air moving across the boards and
under the keys. Also, on smaller equipment, putting it in a warm oven (120
degrees) can help quite a bit. I doubt that you have a big oven enough though.

The problem is that water can encourage corrosion of metal parts, like
switch contacts and IC pins. Once corroded, there's not much you can do but
replace the parts. And, the longer it stays wet, the worse the corrosion
will be.

---

                                              ...phil

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed
     to improve the quality of life, press 3."