[klaatumail] Re: master of love-it's

  • From: Glen Aka Barney Rubble <barneyrubble120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 07:33:44 -0300

Hey friends, S:^)

> ...and for those who haven't been paying attention:
>
> //www.freelists.org/archive/klaatumail/02-2010
>
>> Thu, 25 Feb 2010
>> And in other Klaatu news...
>> We have approached  Mobile Fidelity master guru Sxxxx Hxxxxxx to
>> take the reigns on this and see if he can't make a little more head-
>> room in the dynamic range using 96 bit technology.

So you want to see if he can avoid pulling down the faders on the explosion
while avoiding a cutting lathe leap? S;^) Puns aside, 32/176 is da BOMB as far
as I'm concerned.

Congrats on getting him onboard! That's who I thought it was after thinking
about it a while, and I knew he's done work for Gold-CD companies such as DCC
(and I believe his own too, of which I have a same-EQ-as-the-master, Gold CD of
The Band's brown album... Sounds great!), but this may be my first hearing he's
done work for MoFi (who have been criticized for using "smiley" EQs to tone
down the midrange and boost the ends). Wonder if he did all the Moody Blues
MoFis I have (which prompted me to start buying MoFis)... You may even get
non-Klaatu-fans buying copies just because his name is on the package! I'll
take three...

REALLY looking forward to hearing this,
Glen (aka Barney Rubble)

Sent from my iPhone (qui, maintenant, me permet des accents)