[klaatumail] Re: klaatumail Digest V6 #8

  • From: "Jens C. Lindblad" <jens.lindblad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 11:39:26 +0200

Hi David,

welcome to the list. We might possibly the most lethargic fanlist
anywhere on the net. Terry Draper has released a new album and I can't
remember seeing it mentioned but briefly perhaps, certainly not
commented and discussed at much length to my recollection.

I like your suggestion. It would be truly stunning to have the world
"stand still again". :-)

Cheers

Jens
> Hello
> My name is David Powis from Melbourne, Australia.
>
> I'm e-mailing for the first time tonight, but I've read the traffic for a
> year or so.  It's very interesting to know that we are not alone in the futre
> that is already here.
>
> So Hi to all the international fans of Klaatu, Dee, Terry, John and their
> amazing backers. I think their musical efforts are timeless and will have a
> special place in time: 3:47 EST.  We know the time the Earth stood still, but
> was there a date?
>
> I have been toying with an idea for a long time now - the Earth should stand
> still again!  Preferably at 3:47 EST.  I envisage {envision} a
> local/national/international competition of music academy students (say) who
> will play, at 3:47 EST, a KLAATU song (maybe a repertoire) and we little
> folks could vote on-line for the best performance.  They would probably
> choose "Calling Occupants ...'
>
> I was thinking it might be hard to have an international presentation, but I
> believe there's a thing called YouTube or something like it in the ether that
> might suffice.
>
> I sent an e-mail to the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne recently
> suggesting the idea might be a challenge for music students there (the
> college is now an offshoot of Melbourne University), but I have heard nothing
> back.  Ho Hum, the luck I've had would even make a dead man yawn.
>
> Could KLAATUSIANS (as I see we call ourselves, rather than KLAANS or KLAATS)
> drum up an idea like this and present it to some academies, or the like, to
> set the scene for such a do?
>
> Remember the cover album that came out a while ago.  It was good and showed
> the way, in this regard.
>
> To my way of thinking, KLAATU music certainly seems to have the depth and
> sophistication to challenge music students and should certainly benfit their
> development.  They'd all willingly play The Beatles' music, wouldn't they?
> Why not KLAATU, which was mistaken as Beatlesque, anyway, as you know?
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Kindest Regards
>
> David
> The Roos are playing the Cats tonight, don't miss it.  It'll be a bonza game!
>  Go Kangas!!  I Imagine there's no countries that can't view the game through
> the ether.

---
Denne e-mail er fri for virus og malware idet avast! Antivirusbeskyttelse er
aktiveret.