[klaatumail] Re: klaatumail Digest V6 #8

  • From: D&E POWIS <rodianblackopal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 18:11:46 +1000

Hello
My name is David Powis from Melbourne, Australia.

I'm e-mailing for the first time tonight, but I've read the traffic for a year
or so.  It's very interesting to know that we are not alone in the futre that
is already here.

So Hi to all the international fans of Klaatu, Dee, Terry, John and their
amazing backers. I think their musical efforts are timeless and will have a
special place in time: 3:47 EST.  We know the time the Earth stood still, but
was there a date?

I have been toying with an idea for a long time now - the Earth should stand
still again!  Preferably at 3:47 EST.  I envisage {envision} a
local/national/international competition of music academy students (say) who
will play, at 3:47 EST, a KLAATU song (maybe a repertoire) and we little folks
could vote on-line for the best performance.  They would probably choose
"Calling Occupants ...'

I was thinking it might be hard to have an international presentation, but I
believe there's a thing called YouTube or something like it in the ether that
might suffice.

I sent an e-mail to the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne recently
suggesting the idea might be a challenge for music students there (the college
is now an offshoot of Melbourne University), but I have heard nothing back.  Ho
Hum, the luck I've had would even make a dead man yawn.

Could KLAATUSIANS (as I see we call ourselves, rather than KLAANS or KLAATS)
drum up an idea like this and present it to some academies, or the like, to set
the scene for such a do?

Remember the cover album that came out a while ago.  It was good and showed the
way, in this regard.

To my way of thinking, KLAATU music certainly seems to have the depth and
sophistication to challenge music students and should certainly benfit their
development.  They'd all willingly play The Beatles' music, wouldn't they?  Why
not KLAATU, which was mistaken as Beatlesque, anyway, as you know?

Just a thought.

Kindest Regards

David
The Roos are playing the Cats tonight, don't miss it.  It'll be a bonza game!
Go Kangas!!  I Imagine there's no countries that can't view the game through
the ether.