[klaatumail] Re: McManus vs. Dee Long rarities

  • From: KWoost3@xxxxxxx
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:14:02 EDT

I'd like to weigh in on this topic. The McManus stuff is PRE-Klaatu.
Therefore, although it may shed some light on what was to come, it is what it
is: a stepping stone.   However, for Klaatu fans, it is the development of
John W. that is of interest.  Anyone who has heard the Robotman  album knows
what I mean.  You can hear him all over it, but it wasn't his  project.  As
far as sounding dated, look at when it was done.  But is  it relevant?
Absolutely.  Take Dee's CD "Outside" for a different  example.  Although we all
know when it was recorded, it has that quality of  timelessness which makes
it hard to categorize.  Many of those songs could  have easily been on a
Klaatu record and transcend the "date of manufacture"  mindset.  If there are
Dee Long rarities from the Klaatu era or any other  time period, I WANT them!
 Now while we're at it, let's get the  Whitemail and Mudcow stuff out there
as well.  Also, what's Terry been up  to lately?
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000009)