[klaatumail] McManus vs. Dee Long rarities

  • From: Dominic Curtis <kyeline@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:46:20 -0400

Hi, not to be insensitive, but I think there's a big difference
between the concept of buying the McManus stuff and the Dee Long
stuff. It sounds to me, (please correct me if I'm wrong) that John was
just a "session" musician on the McManus stuff, playing bass and not
really having any input. the Dee Long stuff would be actually Dee's
Ideas. I'm a Klaatu fan, and until recently I hadn't even heard of
McManus. I just wanted to make the distinction. If I felt that buying
the McManus stuff would encourage John to put some stuff together, I'd
snatch it up in a minute, but at this point, I don't think anything
will get him that motivated. I could be wrong. I Hope I'm wrong.  and
Aw heck, I'll probably end up getting the McManus stuff anyhow after I
stop hee-in 'n haw-in.

Such is the life of a fan.