[klaatumail] Re: A Music and Personal loss.

  • From: "Bradley, David" <David_Bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:55:07 +0000

Re: the Dan Peek removal from "Highway: 30 Years of America".... I've always
wondered why they would do that.

Considering that Dan left the band on his own, AND considering that the two
other members of America obviously didn't hold grudges against him for that and
appeared on his solo releases, both playing AND singing (making them quite
literally Dan Peek centered America albums really), AND considering that they
invited him to reunite with them (which he did ONCE in concert), I'm left
wondering what motivated the removal of his voice and guitar from these
recordings for this particular 3 CD set.

Then it dawned on me.

Dan left because he didn't find satisfaction in the sex, drugs, rock and roll
scene. He made a complete split from that lifestyle. Perhaps he requested that
for this release they remove him from the recordings to further that split?
Maybe old demons still popping up to haunt him now and then?

Just my pondering.

The box set sounds beautiful. The sound quality is stunning.  But when there's
a single vocal instead of a doubled vocal, or one of the guitars in a piece is
missing, it stands out if you know the material well.

Dave