[kismac] Re: Net Area Power Interpolation

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:53:12 +0200

> The Java stuff is at:
> http://www.ping.de/~andreas/IDWI.zip
>
> But i have to warn: It is ugly and slow by desgin shitty code.
> And the documentation is almost not there. :-)
> I even have no idea if i did everything right. It looks like
> though. There might be somehting wrong with the distance based
> decrease. But it looks quite ok on the number board the programm
> creates.

i have a question about your decline algorithm.

result=1/this.getDistance(x,y,i) * Math.sqrt((rField/(4 * Math.PI)) *
scatterPoint[i].getValue());
result=result / scatterPoint[i].getValue();

how should this work? if this derived from the surface area of a
sphere, then should this be not  decline = rField / ( distance^2 * 4 *
Pi ). why did you take the square root?
and what about correction to dbm?

mick

-- File: PGP.sig