[kismac] Re: System freeze after load of WirelessDriver.kext after unload of MACJack.kext

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:55:00 +0200

>> I have the same situation, as I reported earlier.  The problem with
>> this bug is that it requires looking both at the Wireless Driver and
>> MacJack.  I suppose the first step is to compile  debugging drivers
>> that write to the system.log.  I'm a professor, and this week is the
>> one of final exams, so I won't have time to work on it for a while.
>> Mick has been very responsive to previous bug reports though.  Perhaps
>> he will be able to quickly squash this bug as well.

i played a little bit around, and i only ran into one bug. when i
reload the wireless driver and have a client running (such as the pref
pane) then the system will crash, when trying to goto sleep. this is
definitely a problem of wireless.kext, and it seems to be a tricky one.
at least i could not find anything.
i cannot reproduce the problem with the system crash. do you have some
errors in your system.log?

mick

-- File: PGP.sig