[kag] Treasure Caches

  • From: "Lloyd Baker" <binrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:31:45 -0500

Just a heads up.  Myself and a small crew visited some of the EOG caches placed
in the area recently and have a good tip for you.

For the cache on Howe Island you could just park your car on dry land and walk
onto the ferry, I don't think there is a cost for this.

When we went across we were not charged the ferry fee for some reason, maybe
you can get lucky too.

On another note, when we were motoring across the channel we noticed the local
idiots(ie snowmobilers) left their tracks on the ice and funny parts was the
tracks led right up to the open channel and continued on the other side.  If I
recall there is a fun trick you can do with your snowmoblie and it is called
"Swooping" or "Skimming".  You get your sled up to top speed and just as you
are about to hit open water you pull back and the sled will skip across open
water like skipping a stone on the water.

And you wonder why there are so many accidents each year.

Binrat