[JA] Re: no-tags and Binky (was: Re: Spyware)

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:21:11 -0700 (MST)

The Entity currently known as thepccat@xxxxxxxx emitted:

>[I guess I can forget the "no tags request" address in good conscience,
>now that is seem it no longer removes the tag.]

Will it work if you CC it instead of BCCing it? Give it a try...

In other news, the Boas system seems to be down again, for the third
or so time this month.

For the notag address, I set up an email "bit bucket" at
junoaccmail.org to use instead of forwarding it to Boas to dispose
of. Binky is of course down as well, so I temporarily wired the
Binky address to an autoresponder instead of sending it on to Boas.

The reason I'm doing all this is because frankly, I am getting less
and less hopefull that the Boas machine will continue. It's
administrator (and former J_a officer), Tyler Akins has long since
graduated college, and lives almost two hours away from the server,
and due to his career doesn't really have time to drive for four
hours and admin Boas. Instead, he has to ask friends back at the
college to operate it, and neither Tyler nor I am entirely convinced
that those friends are totally reliable. Each time that Boas has
gone down in the last six months, it has taken longer and longer
each time to get it back up.

So, sad to say, but it looks like Binky may be in it's final days,
so if anybody is using Binky for accmailing, they should seek
alternate arrangements.

Again, the no-tags address is still working (at least at that end of
things, can't say for sure about Juno...), as I have taken over that
function directly at junoaccmail.org.