[JA] Re: juno_accmail Digest V8 #68

  • From: Larry Cook <lcook@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:55:40 -0500

Hi Carroll,

George C Johnson wrote:
> Say I need help. Lost my hard drive and can't seem to get my address book
> back. I have it in an old User0000 file but it won't show up in my
> currently usable Juno.

I believe most versions of Juno use the same format for the file.  If I
remember correctly the file is addrbook.nv.  It is a text file so you
can open it in NotePad or other file editor.  You should be able to just
copy it to the new USER0000 directory and restart Juno.  Make a backup
copy of the current addrbook.nv in case this doesn't work and you need
to restore it.

> Also I've not been able to get my pop3 business
> set up. I use windstream.net DSL connection but prefer to move my mail to
> Juno for reading and saving. It will go to the site but can't get my
> mail. I need a little coaching on how to set that up.
>
>                                 Thanks, Carroll at kb5tch

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.  Are you asking for help
configuring Juno to retrieve email from a non-Juno POP3 account?  I've
never done that so someone else will need to offer to help you.

Larry