[JA] Re: juno_accmail Digest V3 #266

  • From: George Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:59:11 GMT

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 nolte5k@xxxxxxxx

>I do have Norton, but this window came up during
>the Juno uninstall.... in one of their little boxes,
>saved it to desktop.  I thought maybe it was part
>of Juno 5.0?  Anyway, I keep looking and trying
>to identify it. Can't get it to do a thing.....

Hi Kay, and All,

That's definitely a new one on me.

>This I've been doing, and it has been fun.
>Couldn't remember what order I had all our accounts
>installed in, (6 teens here, each with their own
>account, plus my 3 accounts...)  As I understand it
>now.... the first 3 *frm folders are inbox, deleted,
>and sent, am I right?  then the other *frm folders
>should be our individual folders...

On being right, you get a yes and a no.  Yes, I think you're right about those
first three .frm files, but the fix 6 (not just 3) are Juno system files.
They're actually, Inbox, Outbox, Deleted Items, Sent, Draft and AutoSave.  Then
your personal folders.  You can find a list of *ALL* folders, system and
personal, and their corresponding foldxxxx.frm name in the director.frm file.
This file is an ascii text file and you can either rename it to director.txt
temporarily while you look "in" it or make a copy, changing the extension to
.txt.  You can look "in" it with Notepad.

You also look in each juno.ini file in each \userxxxx account the same way.
When you look in the juno.ini (as juno.txt) you'll find the account name!  Or
you can look at the juno.ini file in the \juno\lib folder and you'll find a
listing of all the accounts on your machine and their corresponding userxxxx
folder.  Sorry I didn't get this information to you in my last post.

Oh, be sure to do this with Juno not running to be on the safe side and to also
be sure and return any changed extensions back before you open Juno again.

>I just keep hacking away and trying to figure it all
>out... was completely lost for awhile, as everything
>was mixed up, finally started identifying folders from
>the address book!!!!!!!!!

That's how the rest of us have figured this stuff out too...  and sharing what
we've found.

>My accounts folder was a folder I set up to hold
>account info to different sites, groups (with
>passwords, membership names and numbers, etc.)
>How to unsub info, etc.  Not critical, but very
>handy!!!!!!!!!  Still trying to figure out the
>different folders... guess I will eventually....

I see...  and can see why you'd want to get it back.

Good luck with getting things straightened out.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.