[JA] Reinstalling Juno and getting folders back in use...

  • From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:02:02 -0800

>I'm mostly worried about my accounts folder....

"Not quite sure what you mean by the "accounts folder", but if you mean
the master list of your Juno accounts, like nolte5k@xxxxxxxx and others,
this has already been done for you.  This juno.ini file located in the
Windows folder is not uninstalled during the uninstall process.  Which
makes it handy when you reinstall as it is simply used by the new
installation.  And as you've already connected to Juno and received an
upgrade, that part must have worked.  You should be able to see all your
accounts in the drop-down box on the initial account/password Welcome to
Juno screen when you go to open Juno."

That may depend...a couple of times when I reinstalled Juno, I had to
import the account back into the program in order to have it functional.
I THINK I had uninstalled the old Juno program first and then reinstalled
it as if for the first time...not reinstalled over the old one.

But if her account is not showing up...she should import it from Juno's
main computer, from the screen where you open whatever accounts you have
when you load Juno to run it.

You need to know the account name AND password to do this, and have Juno
set to work from other computers.

Babette, N. California