[JA] Re: juno_accmail Digest V3 #266

  • From: Kay A Nolte <nolte5k@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:09:07 -0600

Thanks George, for all the info....

files during an uninstall... what operating system are you running?  Any
special uninstall type software?
        I do have Norton, but this window came up during the Juno uninstall....
in one of their little boxes, saved it to desktop.  I thought maybe it
was part of Juno 5.0?  Anyway, I keep looking and trying to identify it.
Can't get it to do a thing.....

>>>This is a little easier...  you simply go into your Juno account and
use  *File/Import Folder* from the menu bar, pointing to your copied
folders when the dialog box opens.  They're the .frm files that you'll
see in the folder(s) where you put your copies.  You'll want to be
careful about matching up the right folders with the right user accounts
if you have more than one account, but nothing serious will happen if you
mix them up during Importing.  Only that you'll want to delete the wrong
ones and go back and reimport the right ones.
        This I've been doing, and it has been fun.  Couldn't remember what order
I had all our accounts installed in, (6 teens here, each with their own
account, plus my 3 accounts...)  As I understand it now.... the first 3
*frm folders are inbox, deleted, and sent, am I right?  then the other
*frm folders should be our individual folders... I just keep hacking away
and trying to figure it all out... was completely lost for awhile, as
everything was mixed up, finally started identifying folders from the
address book!!!!!!!!!

>>>Not quite sure what you mean by the "accounts folder", but if you mean
the master list of your Juno accounts, like nolte5k@xxxxxxxx and others,
this has already been done for you.  This juno.ini file located in the
Windows folder is not uninstalled during the uninstall process.  Which
makes it handy when you reinstall as it is simply used by the new
installation.  And as you've already connected to Juno and received an
upgrade, that part must have worked.  You should be able to see all your
accounts in the drop-down box on the initial account/password Welcome to
Juno screen when you go to open Juno.

        My accounts folder was a folder I set up to hold account info to
different sites, groups (with passwords, membership names and numbers,
etc.)  How to unsub info, etc.  Not critical, but very handy!!!!!!!!!
Still trying to figure out the different folders... guess I will
eventually....
Again, thanks for all your help!