[JA] Re: juno HACK.

  • From: Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:08:05 -0500

Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:21:55 -0500 Bruce Chesley <excalibur25@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> I agree that it is a defective product.  Whatever works in the lawsuit.
> Bruce Chesley

Unlikely.  Defective software has been sold in large amounts for many
years, yet every new case confirms the old precedents.  If you get back
the money you paid for the product, you're lucky.  Beyond that, no
recovery of consequential damages.  In the Wikipedia article this weekend
I added a "Proprietary mailer" section with a mention of the folder
collapse and other problems.  I ought to add words to the effect that the
proprietary mailer has become rare.