[JA] Yahoo List Bounce

  • From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 02:45:34 EST

Jim -

> My suspicions are more towards traffic.  Accounts that get hundreds
>per >day, or dozens per download, or a download taking an entire minute,
>may >be the ones giving a false indication of "mailbox full" or other
>reason
>to bounce.

-------

I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't source. I'm thinking, for example, of
our discussion awhile back about all messages from topica-based lists
being refused because topica was identified as a spammer. Also, rumor had
it several years ago that webtv was refusing messages from one of the
genealogy sources because that many messages .had. to be spam.

 Obviously I'm >groping >in the dark like everyone else but if we share
our limited information >we >may be able to feel out the shape of this
elephant.

-----

Do you recall my comments a couple of months ago to the effect that Juno
seemed to be checking message storage just once a day because when I went
to webmail my available messages exceeded 2.2 Mb and I received a second
"your mailbox is full" message despite having cleared out over half the
messages that had been there the day before?

I mentioned it, I don't recall anyone commenting.

>>CS> I've asked the owners of two non-yahoo lists if messages to me >are
>> > bouncing there - perhaps it's a yahoo/Juno problem?
>
>An interesting question.

------

One has replied that messages apparently aren't bouncing, the other
hasn't responded. Those are both LSOFT, different sections.

I "just" sent to the list a report sent to me by a yahoo listowner.

Usually one mail run a day (because of the dial data file problem), under
200 messages is a light day, over 300 leaves me dismayed.