[JA] Re: What is JSPS.exe?

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 21:48:33 -0700 (PDT)

I don't find that file in my folders.  When you scan with Norton's does it find
it and report it as a virus?  If not try one of the malware removers, such as
AdAware or Spybot.  Both are free.  Or just use Windows Explorer or My Computer
and go to those folders and delete the file from those locations.  Since the
file has two extension names (the ones after the first period) most likely it
is a virus.
Dave

------------------------------
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:40:20 -0700
Subject: [JA] What is JSPS.exe?
From: babette bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>

In the last week or so, Norton NIS has flashed a message when I go into
Juno saying that JSPS.exe is trying to go onto the web, should they block
it, recommending "yes".

I've determined that the file is JSPS.exe-189C8254.pf.  Doing a search
for JSPS, I got the following locations:

        C:\Windows\Prefetch, and
        C:\Program Files\ Juno\bin

Does anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

David F Wooledge, Chair
Erie County Community Support Program
237 Goodrich Street
Erie PA 16508-1818