[JA] Re: Juno finding virus attachments

  • From: rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 01:28:30 -0400

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:42:21 -0700 babette bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> I've recently been getting several messages from Juno, telling me that
> they intercepted messages with attachments that had viruses in them,
> who the sender was, and that they also notified the senders.
>
> ...have any of you had the same thing happen?

Same silliness I ranted on a few days ago--  what's the point of
reporting a faked FROM addy?  And then accusing them??

What really set me off that day was getting two of these "advisories" in
one swoop; same bug & sent-time, both blamed on Juno user pals --
Recalled that "Ed" (Juno) had sent some humor earlier that day & checked
the CC: list from him -- sho'nuff;  2-Juno (myself & "Nan"),
2-Charter-cable, 1- Verizon-dsl, 3-Yahoo, 1-Hotmail, and a couple
others...

KNOW it wasn't him or her, and pretty sure it wasn't me <grin> ... but
without the real headers...  bah-humbug.