[JA] Re: Time zone info.

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:43:06 PDT

}Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:04:08 -0700
}Subject: [JA] Re: Time zone info.
}From: thepccat
}
}Thanks. This is definitely a save and print! Only, the columns came out
}funny, with either monospaced or proportional font. I have printed the
}columns as I imagine they should be by line, with comments/questions.
}Correct me if any of this is wrong. This RFC -- what is its name/where
}found?
}
}thepccat
}

        Yea, I think you got that right.

}Note that the juno servers report EST even when using EDT (-0400)
}[Does this mean Juno calls -0400 time EST? -- I'm lost already! Some
}headers I found on my machine recently show 0700 called PDT and 0400
}called EDT, 0000 called UT, this with my Windows in Pacific Time>
}Automatically Adjust for DST]
}

        Coordinated Universal Time.  Yea, I guess that is what the UT
was.  As I said, the RFC prefers the signed numeric format, and only
defines names used in the US 48, as alternatives.  This is why the names
tend to be included in parentheses: as a comment.  (General rule in
headers: anything in parens is ignored by receiving software.  This
allows adding useful man-readable info!)

        As for juno using EST for EDT, I noted that this year, but not
last year.  Strange!

}
} For juno 1.xx include near the bottom of autoexec.bat:
} For PST/PDT   Set TZ=PST8PDT
} for MST (AZ)  Set TZ=MST7
} for MST/MDT   Set TZ=MST7MDT
} for CST/CDT   Set TZ=CST6CDT
} for EST/EDT   Set TZ=EST5EDT
}
} Later versions of juno get the info from windowz.
}
} Have fun with time!
}