[JA] Re: Time zone info.

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:04:08 -0700

Thanks. This is definitely a save and print! Only, the columns came out
funny, with either monospaced or proportional font. I have printed the
columns as I imagine they should be by line, with comments/questions.
Correct me if any of this is wrong. This RFC -- what is its name/where
found?

thepccat

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:35:14 PDT Jèrel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
[..]

 The RFC only covers PST to EDT below, but prefers the numbers:

[Juno Uses These]

HST
-1000

AST
-0900
Alaska?

ADT/PST
-0800

PDT/MST
-0700
Arizona

MDT/CST
-0600

CDT/EST
-0600

EDT/AST
-0500

ADT/?
-0400

GMT/CUT: +0000 or -0000
[sometimes shown as UT on Juno header?]

> Most of Europe runs +0100 to +0400, but...

[...]

Note that the juno servers report EST even when using EDT (-0400)
[Does this mean Juno calls -0400 time EST? -- I'm lost already! Some
headers I found on my machine recently show 0700 called PDT and 0400
called EDT, 0000 called UT, this with my Windows in Pacific Time>
Automatically Adjust for DST]

 For juno 1.xx include near the bottom of autoexec.bat:
 For PST/PDT    Set TZ=PST8PDT
 for MST (AZ)   Set TZ=MST7
 for MST/MDT    Set TZ=MST7MDT
 for CST/CDT    Set TZ=CST6CDT
 for EST/EDT    Set TZ=EST5EDT

 Later versions of juno get the info from windowz.

 Have fun with time!