[JA] Slow Loading of Html Emails

  • From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:13:58 -0500

When I get an email (Juno 4.11) that has html, (which most
of the spam I get is) it takes a long time to load the email.
I am talking about 20 to 30 seconds (Win98SE AMD 750 Mhz)
and the computer is effectively locked up until it finishes
no luck.  I assume that Juno/IE (IE5.5) are trying to connect
to the internet to pull down the pictures, fancy fonts, etc.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone know
how to avoid the long waits??

Don Elias