[JA] Slow Loading of Html Emails

  • From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:23:05 EST

Don -

>When I get an email (Juno 4.11) that has html, (which most >of the spam
I get is) it takes a long time to load the email. >I am talking about 20
to 30 seconds (Win98SE AMD 750 Mhz) >and the computer is effectively
locked up until it finishes >loading.

-----

Some long emails (not just spam) with HTML, pictures, or compressed
viruses take a long time to load, but even on my 386 (Windows 3.1, Juno
1.49) I don't think they take .that. long. Actually, I think pictures
(presumed - I can't see them) are the slowest. If a message seems to hang
rather than pop up, I figure it's a picture.

Of course, my system isn't going to be processing the HTML coding into
fancy fonts, etc. Could it be that processing rather than an attempt to
connect to the Internet that causes the slowdown? I dunno, thought just
popped into my head because when I deleted a bunch of Civilization files
that my sister's computer didn't have, it re-created the files  as it
needed them and was quite slow at times until it did so.