[JA] No Mail

  • From: James E Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:25:26 -0400

> Subject: [JA] No Mail?
> From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:25:11 EDT

CS> I'm on quite a few lists, figure a couple of hundred messages
> a day. Even at 6 AM, I should see 30 or so from overseas (mostly
> Australia and England) as well as some from the East Coast.

Wow.  I never get a hundred in a day.  Partly that's because I mostly
subscribe to mailing lists as daily digests, but it still wouldn't be a
hundred most days if they all came individually.  If you don't have many
Megabytes memory, this heavy load must be difficult.

CS> I almost always have messages to send. While I don't normally send
> myself a copy per se, I do have all my lists set to return my messages.

Partly it's because I seldom send mail twice consecutively from the same
computer.  It's nice to have a copy come into one of the others.

CS> I used to typically do two runs a day - late morning and
> midnightish.  Because I've added several lists, I usually
> do more these days.

First thing in the morning for me, last thing at night, and as many as
half a dozen in between.  Usually at least one of those runs comes up
blank, but seldom two in a row.  I got this Digest on a run around 11:15
AM today, Friday, along with some personal matters including weekend
plans for bicycling in Queens County.

> It's 11 PM MST and I just downloaded a large batch of mail which
> included your message.

But, your header indicates you only finished writing at 10:25 AM, and
your time zone is shown as Eastern Daylight.  I am finishing this message
a little before 12:30 PM EDT, Friday, and will send it about 1 PM.

Incidentally I'm revising my consumer guide to Juno and Juno_accmail to
reflect the opening of POP3 access and the Spam Crusade.