[JA] Re: Messages to me bouncing...

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:55:37 -0700 (MST)

The Entity currently known as Babette C Bloch emitted:

>I seem to have messages bounced from another (free) Juno account, which I
>keep for Email only.
>
>Bounced messages report me unknown.

Well, unfortunately, Juno is known to do this once in a while,
generating spurious bounces, sometimes en masse.

The Ecartis software that powers this list reports errors to me,
such as this address or that bouncing, and usually I can set a
member to a temporary "vacation" from list mail if they're just
overquota, or remove that address if it's a "user unknown" bounce.

BUT, once in a while, I'll get mass bounces for a dozen or more Juno
accounts (and naturally this list has about 90% juno addresses), and
I've learned to ignore them because they're invariably spurious and
false.

This has been the case for years, even since the days when the list
was on world.std.com, so it's not listserver or domain specific;
it's strictly Juno's glitch.

I know it doesn't do too much for you, but about all I can recommend
is to sit tight and let these little episodes on Juno's part pass.
That, and let your cousin know to not take these bounces too
seriously, and resend if it happens.

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden