[JA] Re: Linux with Juno

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:36:42 -0600 (MDT)

The Entity currently known as James E Henderson emitted:

>Amazing!  Do you know someone who paid hundreds of dollars for Windoze?
>I have never met such a person.  Every Windozer I ever met got the
>operating system bundled with the computer.

Well, TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)...

The computer manufacturer gets bulk discounts on Windows, so may pay
as little as $70 per computer, but you can bet the farm that YOU pay
that, built into the price of the computer. :)

And, I *do* know people who have gone out and bought upgrades for
Windows...

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden