[JA] Re: Auto CC?

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:54:27 -0700

OK. This stuff can be a bit confusing -- it used to bug the heck out of
me when I first started with email discussion groups. When I would
"reply" or "reply all" -- sometimes I would get two copies back or one,
or an individual would get a personal  post in addition to one the group.
I could never figure out, from one group to the next, which way it would
come out.

But the bottom line is to look in the write screen [before you send] and
see what is in the Send to: window and the Cc: window [these are as I see
them in Juno 4]. If you see
juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
you are sending to the group. If you see
no-tags-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
that is the no tags request. All you have to do is remember to look up
while you are typing in...

If you reply to an incoming posting, you will see from the header the
post is from juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx only, so the reply goes back to
juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx only [with no "no-tags" address on it unless
you add it].

When you send both to juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and