[JA] Re: ANyone ever seen this

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:01:51 PDT

}Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:22:52 -0400
}Subject: [JA] ANyone ever seen this
}From: terumoth
}
}ANyone ever seen this?
}
}****************************************
}
}You have recently sent an email message to jebnlori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
}
}In an on-going effort to rid the internet of spam, your message has been
}placed on hold by our proprietary Zione-Mail E-mail handshake filtering
}system.
}
}In order to have your message delivered, click the following link:
}http://www.mailcircuit.com/verify.cgi?site=mailc&username=jebnlori&code=1
}03350198300
}
}If your E-mail client doesn't support this option, you can reply to this
}message with the following as the subject line:
}
}jebnlori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|103350198300}

        Similar.  It works by adding your address to a OK list IF it gets
the response with the correct code.  Most do not have the web site
option.  The theory is that a SPAM-SKUM will not see the request, nor act
on it.

        Once POP3 is available, you can use standard mail programs, and
set some thing like this up for yourself.  I think there are scripts to
do it with Pegasis mail {Spell???}
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---