[juneau-lug] apache2

  • From: Talley family <talleys@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 20:27:53 -0900

I am still having challenges with setting up Apache2.  I have
fairly specific requirements, but no rocket science....

Myron or Jacob, don't recall which, correctly identified my
initial problems, as I was coming from an Apache 1.3 background,
and was confused by the new config structure.

But now I think I am past that.

But, my config is not recognizing my virtual host definitions.
To confirm this, I put some extra logging in a vhost config,
and it never happened, so I think that all my http requests
get satisfied through my "default" host instead of one of the
vhost configs.

Here is one variation of a vhost config file I have tried:

/etc/apache2/sites-available/toklas.org

-----

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost toklas.org:80>
  ProxyPreserveHost On
  ServerName toklas.org
  ProxyRequests Off

  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule       ^/$
http://toklas.org/confluence/display/seafom/Home[L,NC]

  RewriteRule       ^.*$ http://toklas.org/confluence/$1   [L,NC]

  ProxyPass         /    http://localhost:8080/
  ProxyPassReverse  /    http://localhost:8080/

  <Proxy *>
    Order Deny,Allow
    allow from all
  </Proxy>
</VirtualHost>

Can any of you suggest a reason that this vhost is never
recognized?  toklas.org requests do end up at my server.
My apache access log shows the request as follows:

206.174.127.78 - - [08/Feb/2006:20:16:18 -0900] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 400 -

which makes me think that possibly the hostname toklas.org is
not getting preserved, but, I don't know apache logging well
enough to know if I should see the host name instead of the
IP address (I specified common log format).

I am sure I am overlooking something obvious, and/or should
just RTFM, but... if anyone sees the smoking gun please let
me know.

Larry