[juneau-lug] Re: I'm still here!

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:02:39 -0900 (AKST)

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 chakari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> especially since I am on running a Pentium 233. I like KDE a lot,
> especially since 2.2 came out. I loads slowly, but once it is up, it is
> very responsive. The main problem has been that Konqueror locks my
> system up hard when used as a web browser.  Along with the kernel
> upgrade, I installed the  latest nVidia video driver in the hope that
> this was the problem with Konqueror. No dice. After browsing for 1/2 an

Hmm.  You don't get lockups when you're doing other network stuff like ftp
do you?  I wonder if it could be a network module problem.  I had that
trouble with RedHat 7.1 and my IBM PC Server 325 - the PCNet32 module was
buggy (it was the 2.2 module, and didn't work with a 2.4 kernel) so I had
no network access.  Fixed with a new kernel.