[jjr69] Re: Vietnam's Women Of War

  • From: "Phan, Khai KT" <Khai.T.Phan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:57:59 +1100

What has always amazed me was the efficacy of the NVN propaganda so that entire
villages in the North and in the Centre went to war (men, women, children
alike) on the firm belief of a liberation war against the Americans and that
the SVN population was suffering under the American domination !  I do
apologize to all our former SVN soldiers but I felt that we somehow lost the
war because we were never able to effectively control the countryside and that
some of our government policies at the time (or the mis-application of our
policies) might actually helped us lose, in some ways, a significant proportion
of the hearts and minds of the countryside people.
Khai