[jhb] Re: dvd

  • From: 175@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 03:46:25 +0000

Sorry Fred, fault this end.

I'd logged on earlier, and was compiling some work in another window, I noticed
you were there and
was waiting for your contact. S*ds law meant a network meltdown and I had to
restart and then go
through the Hotel log in, before restarting IVAO, by the time I was back, you
were airborne.

Things perked up later, as when EGLL is unmanned some Dutch pilots contact me
for a Radar Advisory
Service (I'm not sure if this is in the remit). I was asked for this last week
by a KLM VA pilot and
word has obviously spread.

They got better when Speedbird023 came on, he flew my 24 procedure and ran an
OCKham Hold for
practice last week. He usually flies the PiC767 but wanted more practice in the
737. It was a
learning curve for both,  but now wanted PEPIS Hold (Farnborough's Hold) this
time. His precision
was a thing of beauty.

Etihad24 having departed for Paris (unmanned) decided, once cleared zone
boundary, to return.
coupled with GQH99 helicoptor vfr flight, things moved along at a good pace -
even needed "break"
once or twice.

I have moved quite quickly to Student3 rating, I passed with an 85 in the C1
theoretical (quite
easy) but will defer the practical section until I have more movements under my
belt. It doesn't
seem right that I could achieve this on IVAO with less than 15 movements
handled, whatever the
quality! Keep em peeled for news of a practical at EGLF though!

I return from the region on Monday, so my time online will be lessened as I'm
sure SWMBO will have a
list....

Best wishes to all

Kev T