[jhb] Re: Which charts?

  • From: "John Woodside" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 20:41:39 -0000

Quarter mil charts are beautifully detailed. I used to keep them in the car and
use them as road maps too – handy when I was searching for disused airfields.
But half mil was the de facto standard as you don’t have much room in a small
cockpit for waving big maps around. Before flight you folded them so they
showed your route and, eventually, they got creased to hell. That is not a
problem in the comfort of your PC flying unless your workstation is in the
cupboard under the stairs. J

John

fossil@xxxxxxx