[jhb] Re: Treescapes

  • From: Phil Reynolds <phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:40:58 +0000

Took the plunge and went for the EAS installer. Looks like it all went to plan as I've now got thousands of trees everywhere...looks fantastic...really adds to the realism!

Looks like I'll have to re-install as I've also purchased the UK2000 VFR airfields and there are special files required to be installed with Treescapes if you've got these as well.

Things are coming together for some fun VFR flying!

Cheers

Phil

On 15/12/2014 18:37, Gerry Winskill wrote:
I'm not sue whether I follow my usual unwanted installer route. What I do is allow it to install on this machine, where there is a version of FSX I only used for design. I then transfer it to a place of my choseing on the FSX machine; if that makes sense?

With Treescapes, I have all my ENGLAND and WALES photoscenery in an All in One folder, so I would have moved the AG to the TEXTURE folder in the AIO section.

Gerry Winskill

On 15/12/2014 18:25, Phil Reynolds wrote:
No problem Gerry.

Phil

On December 15, 2014 2:44:43 PM GMT, Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Phil,

Sorry but I'll have to leave it to Peter as it's some years ago that I
installed it.

Gerry Winskill

On 15/12/2014 13:22, Phil Reynolds wrote:
Manual instructions from yourself and/or Gerry would be great...

Thanks

Phil

On December 15, 2014 10:40:26 AM GMT, Peter Dodds
<pwdbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
one of my "Must haves" but installation can be tricky, unless they
have

improved their installer.  It can be installed manually. If you get
it

and are stuck, give me a shout as i installed mine manually.

Peter

Tom Smith <mailto:ftd.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
14 December 2014 13:32
Worth having.not much impact on frame rates.
Tom

Sent from my iPad

Phil Reynolds <mailto:phil.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
14 December 2014 10:25
Hi,

I'm considering enhancing my VFR flying experience and buying
Treescapes.

Does anyone on the list have this installed? How does it affect
frame

rates? The screenshots look good, I'm hoping it will make for a
more
authentic experience when searching out those small, out of the way
airstrips...

Cheers

Phil

---