[jhb] Three Hours Lost

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:33:56 +0000

I think it may have been Mike who, a couple of days ago, had to re allocate functions after pulling USB connections. It must be infectious!

I'd had a couple of odd results when pressing a GoFlight button and it became clear it was because the 7 Port USB1 Hub into which that GF connected had gone u/s. It's been running since USB was invented!

After nipping down to the shops for a new unit I started to plug in. At which point I found the 4 of the5 units and Rudder Pedals were now sporting the wrong functions. I thought it would be simply a matter of trying them in various positions, until I hit the original function allocation. In FS9 it is. GF's modified for FSX GFConfig doesn't seem to re allocate on the fly, so I've had to programme them all over again, from scratch. This time I'll mark the slot allocation on the Hub...I seem to remember having similar sensible ideas in the past but I still manage to drop into deep doggy do!