[jhb] Re: Something Different

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:39:02 +0000

Hi Alstair,
I tried just playing an earlier DVD based collection, via the TV DVD player. They seemed to come up in all shapes and sizes, with many being rotated 90 degrees. I thought playing them via the laptop would give me control over how they appear.

Gerry Winskill

Alastair McIntyre wrote:

Gerry.

Why do you specifically want to use your laptop?

Most DVD players, nowadays, will do slideshows (JPEG's etc), play MP3's etc., in fact most of the modern players will just about play anything that you throw at them.

Just a thought.

Alastair

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Totally unconnected with FS, I've just finished what seems like a multiweek job, in using Photoshop Elements to optimise hundreds of digital photos, taken whilst gadding about, expensively, over the past four years.

Having completed the job, I've copied them to DVDs, as backup. To see them in their full tawdryness, I'd like to view them on our JVC LCD TV, via my laptop. How do I connect PC to TV and do I need to change any TV settings, select specific channel, etc etc? We have friends who, says SWMBO, simply plug their Canon into the set and away it goes. Why isn't life that simple for me? I wonder whether wife swapping might be the answer?