[jhb] Re: Something Different

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:49:56 +0000

Fortunately I managed to get it to work via the DVD player; after a fashion. The fact that it would only run in Slideshow mode came third to the wide screen's distortion of SWMBO's hips; I hope. Worse, the TV picture quality isn't really in the same league as that of a couple of my monitors. Another good idea bites the dust; or should it be Bytes the dust. Yuk!

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:

If you really want to go the whole hog Gerry, then google "wireles media
player".

They're digital boxes which connect to your TV/HiFi/Digital Photo Frame and
allow you to play any media files on the network.  Needless to say, they
come with the appropriate software to manage this.

Paul