[jhb] Re: OT: digital TV problem

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 20:06:42 +0100

Paul -

In my experience most digi-boxes these days, of whatever flavour,
contain very poor quality electronics which have been
'value-engineered' to the limits of their individual component
specifications.  The boxes can be particularly prone to mains spikes
and temperature rises (wouldn't happen in the Aerospace Industry
<g>).  Gerry's advice often works, switch 'em off, make a cup of tea
and then try again.

You should initially check that there are no problems at the
transmitter - see http://www.ukfree.tv/txlist.php for tx status.

MikeB

TV.