[jhb] Re: Noise Cancellation

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:49:07 +0100

We'd hoped that the constant background noise might have been significantly cancelled out. My son's, admittedly very expensive, Bose aviation headset 'phones mainly achieve this. With the Creative 'phones it's possible to discern a slight background noise reduction; just.

Back in the sixties we did this on our GCA radar, using a delay line, plus inversion, to achieve the same effect, to produce an MTI area. I have to say that waiting for the first live aircraft echo to enter this black hole, just after you'd set it up, was a sure fire cure for anal retention!

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

When you say they were not very good what do you mean by that? In other
words what were you expecting to happen that didn't?