[jhb] Re: Latest video

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:33:53 +0100

That was probably at TNCM on St Martin/Sint Maarten!  For my sins
I've actually landed/departed there in a KLM 747.  Landing is
always from the sea and departure is always towards the mountains
across the bay.  A fully laden 747 with enough fuel to reach
Amsterdam would be far too heavy to take off so a re-fuelling stop
has to be made at Curacao in the Dutch Antilles en route.  Quite
an experience ...

M.