[jhb] IVAO Defection?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB Restricted <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 19:11:36 +0100

I'm currently flying over the first, Southern bit, of the coming photoscenery for mainland Scotland. If You ignore the floor to space-station spikes, and the fact that it's placed Carlisle on an H G Wells type plateau, it's not bad.

The point is that since I have to keep pausing to make notes, I'm flying off line.

In fact I think I'll do this more often. Since most of my flying is now VFR, I'm keeping out of controlled airspace anyway. On the occasions I fly IFR, then I have a problem making out what some of these Johny Foreigners are saying, thanks to low-fi ears.

On top of that I find I rarely see other on line aircraft. Flying off line I actually see more aircraft, even though they are AI. Also I don't need to run Servinfo and constantly react to its messages about not finding the server.

I think I'll regress to off line, with the occasional IVAO flight, to help keep up JHB's IVAO hours.

Unless it creates a problem though, I'll continue to file Pireps.