[jhb] Re: Help!!

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:58:15 +0100

Gerry,

If you're getting the boot device menu then you are hitting F8 a tad too
early.  I have to wait until the POST (power on self test) has completed and
the boot device selected.  In my case it's when the screen first goes blank
on boot up.  If you get the boot menu, select the default drive then press
F8 again once it starts the boot sequence.

Another way (though not recommended), is to press the reset button during
the boot.  This will initiate a soft reboot but should also cause windoze to
recognise an incomplete boot happened last time and bring up the menu to
allow safe mode start up to correct any potential errors that may have led
to the reset (it's not intelligent enough to know you caused it).  This
method is not recommended because it might lead to data loss during the soft
reset.

Paul