[jhb] Re: Farm Strips

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:43:56 +0100

Hedges are fairly easy with RWY12. Just select the bush, slew back from the point at which you want it to start, set it to slew forward slowly, then keep hitting the ADD button as fast as you can. Just two problems. First they don't really look natural. Second, with hundred of bushes, the frame rate is fairly severe. That's why I've gone to the immense trouble of replacing the trees with AutoGen. However, I haven't found a way of doing acceptable AG hedges and my fishing has failed to find anyone else who has.

Gerry Winskill

Frank Turley wrote:
Thanks Gerry,

I've d/l'd Ted's libraries and found its mainly RAF, I don't think he's made the farmstrip markers publicly available.

Anyway, the next task is to produce something that resembles a hedge. Using Autogen Annotator gives me one bush every 50 yards, I'll see if I can get them closer together using RWY12 tree objects...........

Frank T.