[jhb] Re: Bizjet Query

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:21:28 +0100

Have a look at
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2004/04/13/180343/flight-test-gulfstrea
m-g550-longer-ranger.html

This air test says that in clean config the G550 has a Vref of 134, Max Safe
Pitch Angle (Amber light on PSI) of 124kts, Stick Shaker starts at 110kts
and Stick Push is 100kts.

With gear and flaps down the stick shaker triggers at 91kts and stick push
at 86kts.

It doesn't specify actual stall speeds but in most aircraft the stick push
is designed to operate approximately 7kts before the stall. This would
suggest clean stall is around 93kts and dirty stall just 79kts.

In a separate article VMCa speed is just 112kt so that ties up with the
above figures. Maybe the figures you saw had VMC and stall mixed up.