[jhb] Re: Another Nice Model

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:16:47 +0100

Doh. I was searching for a different texture for the Falcon 2000. I started using it because it's in the PCI list. So, there must be a texture.

Bones, can I just use the PCI texture as an extra for the Mike Stone 2000?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Last night I'd intended using the Lear, as something close to the Falcon, for which PCI has a JHB liveried model available. I had to make a rapid change of plan, when finding that the FSX gauged panel that I moved over didn't show the gauges in FS9. So much for backward compatibillity!

Anyway, a search this morning produced a Falcon 2000 by Mike Stone. He doesn't go in for eye candy but his flight models are often very good.

This on is no exception. Touching down at Farnboro, at about 15 kias, the reverse thrust activated then immediately cancelled. When I played it back I could see why. The landing was what I thought was one of my better ones, with just a whisp of tyre smoke. BUT, since I was probably about 10 kts too fast, it just floated off again, until the speed decayed. It's quite unusual to find an aircraft that so needs to be flown by the numbers, so I'll have to keep practicing on it.

It hadn't finished all its tricks until I shut down. From thoutside, as the engine faded it slowly sank a bit on its oleos. I'll have to see if it will work in FSX.