Re: windows+ l keystroke

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:52:05 -0800

Ann,

Have you been able to resolve? I see you've been given several different
instructions.

If you're running with a password requiring you to start Windows, then after
Windows+L you'll need to enter your password to unlock.

If you are working in an environment where the network is managed by a server
then you'll usually be prompted to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to initiate the
password entry process. However most individual computers don't have this
nuance.

Simply put, unless you have a password, just hit enter and you'll be back in
your desktop.

BTW Windows+U is the utility manager and narrator usually comes up, but it is
not the panacea for Windows+L.

Also Windows +L is not a toggle for Windows+L.

Dave