statement when jaws starts

  • From: "Shannon Hannah" <hannah74@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:08:22 -0500

Alice, my instructions are very much the same as what Bob posted. His were
better in point form, but I have posted the instructions I use below, which I
believe I got from the old jfwlite list. I added the first line as a welcome
message but you certainly can omit this first line. If you do want to have a
message you can put whatever you want in here. Hope this helps and if you want
write me off the list at:
hannah74@xxxxxxx
Shannon

Announce Jaws version number and Date and Time on Load
If you have more than one version of Jaws on your system, sometimes it is easy
to get confused what version is loaded.  This script will say the number of
Jaws that you are using, plus it will say the date and time when you first load
jaws.
Press jaws key+0
press control+shift+d to get to the default script file,
Press control L for the script list and arrow down to AutoStartEvent and enter.
You are now in the auto start event script
arrow down to the line that says
let DefaultFirstTime = 1
Go to the end of that line and enter and after that line paste in the following
lines.  Of course change the version number to reflect the version  and build
of Jaws you are making the script change for.

Say ("Welcome Shannon , ")
Say ("Version 10", OT_message)
Say ("Loaded on", OT_Message)
SayUsingVoice (VCTX_PCCursor, SysGetDate (), OT_No_Disable)
Say ("at", OT_Message)
SayUsingVoice (VCTX_PCCursor, SysGetTime (), OT_No_Disable)

Then press control S to compile the script and alt f4 to leave the script
manager.